Movie Nightmare City (1980) download free
Book Title: Nightmare City|
Directors: Umberto Lenzi
Genre: Action, Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Release Date: 1980-12-11
Runtime: 92 min
Stars: Hugo Stiglitz,Laura Trotter,Maria Rosaria Omaggio
IMDb Rating: 5.7
Full movie description "Nightmare City":In a nameless European city, a local reporter and his doctor wife try to escape from hordes of blood thirsty zombies, undead people exposed to nuclear radioactivity, while the military leaders fight a losing war of attrition against the relentless atomic zombies.
Reviews of the Nightmare Citydisclaimer: obviously, if you don't have a pre-existing love for zero-budget Italian horror, this won't be your cup of tea.
But if you do! My, what a treat! I overlooked this film for years because I confused it with "City of the Living Dead." I otherwise exhausted the genre's offerings. When I realized I hadn't seen this one, I was very excited, but I didn't expect much. I was in for a pleasant surprise.
Ugh, I'm no good at paragraph format.
The Pros: 1. The title, "City of the Walking Dead," is appropriate. This really is a city-wide infestation. This is not a board-up-the-windows movie. The scale is epic. So often, low budget zombie films restrict themselves to a few characters on a farm or something to save money. This one doesn't. I can't imagine how he was able to use some of the locations. (Actually, I suppose the title isn't quite appropriate, because the antagonists are neither walking nor dead. They run, and they're sort of still alive.)
2. Breasts are present.
3. I usually don't like zombies that deviate from Romero's mold, but Lenzi takes a risk and scores. These creatures combine the hypnotic element of Romero's zombies with the overwhelming danger of running zombies. According to an interview on the DVD, Lenzi did not want to just do another Romero rip-off, and insisted on coming up with his own sort of creature. He did it well.
4. For the first 2/3 of the film, the characters are sufficiently believable for the viewer to care about them. For example, a reporter finds himself in the middle of the zombie outbreak, and desperately tries to get a hold of his wife, a doctor, who can't be reached because she's in surgery. This is a realistic, human element absent from most films in the genre.
1. 2/3 of the way through, it kind of falls apart. The characters who haven't died reveal themselves to be one dimensional after all.
2. The special effects are really inconsistent. Sometimes killings are mimed bloodlessly. In other scenes, heads explode.
3. The soldiers are pathetic.
In short, highly recommended.
Add a review for the film Nightmare City
Movie Nightmare City download free
Free download here. - Descarga gratuita aquí. - Download gratuito aqui. - Téléchargement gratuit ici. - 在这里免费下载 - حمل مجانا من هنا. - यहां नि: शुल्क डाउनलोड।.